I recently revamped this zucchini bread recipe to bring to Easter dinner. It was so YUMMY that I made it again for a pot luck this past weekend. It keeps disappearing so quickly I’m starting to think I need to double the recipe and keep a few loaves for myself 🙂
As with all of my recipes this contains no milk or eggs (or meat, but meat bread would just be really gross anyway.) If you want to use eggs feel free, I’m sure it’s just as yummy.
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup oil (I used safflower oil)
1 1/2 cups sugar
Egg replacer for 3 eggs (I use Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 deg. F.
- Grease 2 bread loaf pans (I love using coconut oil for this step. Makes everything pop right out!)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt & ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together grated zucchini, oil, sugar, egg replacer & vanilla.
- Pour flour mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 min.
- Cool. Cut. Enjoy!