I made these delectable little treats for our New Years Eve party. Oh la la, were they good! Everyone asked for the recipe, so I figured I’d go ahead and post it here.
1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
3 tbs granulated sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbs agave nectar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
egg replacer for one egg (of course if you are an egg eater feel free to use an egg here, it won’t hurt my feelings.)
1 prepared vegan pie crust dough
How to whip up the yum:
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
2. Cut pie dough into sections and shape into the wells of a mini muffin pan
3. Combine sweet potato, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt, stirring well
4. Combine pecans, brown sugar, brown rice syrup, vanilla and egg replacer, stirring well.
5. Spoon about 1 tsp sweet potato mixture into each pie crust lined well, spreading to edges. Spoon about 1/2 tsp pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 deg F. for 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.