Introducing an exciting new line up of “Inspiring Artist” interviews.
This year I am going to be featuring an AMAZING group of artists including painters, journal artists, art therapists, photographers, art educators, mixed-media artists, gallery owners and more!!!
Join me right here at JoyfulArtsStudio on Mondays for a weekly dose of artistic inspiration.
To get this interview party started, I thought I would do a little trial run and interview myself.
Meet Artist Jeniffer Hutchins
Tell us a little bit about yourself…
I LOVE ART and I LOVE TEACHING. It is my goal to create art and art workshops that will spark creative fires within others. I see art as a tool for understanding ourselves and our connection with the Divine Spirit that lives in us all. I strive to teach others to trust themselves and to live more creative lives. This is my passion. It is an absolute JOY to share my passion with you!
For me art is… nature, expression, freedom
- 21 SECRETS: an art journal playground -I’m one of the instructors for this amazing online workshop hosted by Connie Hozvicka of Dirty Footprints Studio. Click here for more information.
- I’m beyond EXCITED to be hosting my first art retreat this fall. “Reawaken Creative Dreams: an art retreat for the soul” This is going to be a peaceful retreat for artists to renew themselves and connect with others. Click here for more details. THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR YOU!
- “Natural Inspirations” is a mixed media class I am teaching April 16, 2011 at a local art gallery here in North Carolina. Click here for more details.
- I’m also putting together this FABULOUS round of “Inspiring Artist” interviews. There are already over 20 incredibly talented artists who have signed on to participate.
- Then there is my own art… I’m currently working on a new series of landscape paintings as well as keeping busy trying new techniques in my art journal.
- Oh, and I am slowly, very slowly writing a book inspired by my journal entries.
Tell us about your art journals.
My journals have been a place where I have learned to listen to my inner voice, gain clarity on ideas and receive answers to questions. The connection between art and healing has always been fascinating to me.
Right now the boundary between my written journal and Visual Journal has become a bit blurry. I am just as likely to fill 3 pages of an artists sketch pad with text as I am to smear paint with my fingers over lined pages in a leather bound journal.
Who has inspired you?
Life inspires me. Everyone I meet, every experience I have, each emotion I feel, every place I have ever visited and the beauty of the Earth itself provides an eternal source of inspiration for me. So I suppose I should first of all name God as my biggest influence.
What is your favorite inspirational quote?
Along the side of each page of my website you will find my favorite quotes. Since I have to narrow it down, I’ll go with this one today…
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
Are there any tips to living a creative life you’d like to share?
Trust yourself and let go!
We all have within ourselves the answers we need to live our best lives. What we need to do is get out of our own way. To stop judging and criticizing our intuition and to trust it. Then to move forward no matter how crazy it might seem. I really believe the best acts of creativity lie hidden within that craziness.
Where can people find you and your work?
- Right here at www.JoyfulArtsStudio.com
- I’m also on FaceBook
- Through the spring you can find me teaching at 21 SECRETS (registration is open through May 31, 2011)
- My art is currently available at The Joyful Jewel in Downtown Pittsboro, NC